Uniform Interstate Enforcement of Domestic Violence Protection Orders Act

This act provides a service for registering Foreign Protection Orders with the Oklahoma Secretary of State. 22 O.S. 60.21 et seq.

A Foreign Protection Order is a protection order issued by a tribunal of another state to protect a victim from abuse.

A Protection Order means an injunction or other order, issued by a tribunal under the domestic violence, family violence, or anti-stalking laws of the issuing state, to prevent an individual from engaging in violent or threatening acts against, harassment of, contact or communication with, or physical proximity to, another individual.

Registering a Foreign Protection Order

Any individual may register a foreign protection order issued by a tribunal of another state in the State of Oklahoma.

If your protection order was issued in another state and you move to Oklahoma, you must:

  • 1. Present a certified copy of the order to the Secretary of State; or
  • 2. Present a certified copy of the order to a law enforcement officer and request that the order be registered with the Secretary of State.
An individual registering the foreign protection order shall file an affidavit by the protected individual stating that, to the best of the protected individual knowledge, the order is currently in effect.

There is no charge for registering a foreign protection order with the Secretary of State.

The Secretary of State has interfaced with the Attorney General OKVINE Protective Order System. Upon receipt of a certified protection order and affidavit, the Secretary of State will register the order in the on-line OKVINE Protective Order System.

For more information about OKVINE: visit www.vinelink.com


Call the toll-free OKVINE Protective Order line at 1-877-654-8463. After selecting a language, press two (2) for protective order information. You will be given the option to press zero (0) to speak to an operator.